Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Just keep it simple

This is what I have learned today. Keep it simple. When I am working on a project I always think it is missing something and add too much. I know from my own experience that I like things simple...not too much clutter. I see other peoples projects and they look awesome, but when I try it...well it never turns out the same. Anyway, I should have been working on my Calendar pages tonight, but instead I decided that I wanted to try doing some of my own projects. No casing, just come up with something of my own. Well as usual it too forever!! I kept taking it apart and changing it, because I am too dam critical!! But I am happy...I decided to try a new technique that I have been wanting to try. I did some 'cracked glass'. It is very cool! I am thinking that this may be some of my Christmas cards that go out this year. Very simple, but like I said...

This is the first one I did tonight. Not exactly thrilled with it...but at least it is not quite as lame as it once was!


Here is my first attempt at 'cracked glass'. It is kind of hard to tell from the pic, but it is really cool. You take your stamped image, cover the entire image with Versamark. Then cover that with UTEE(Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel), heat set and repeat about 3 times. Then place it into the freezer for about 5-10 mins. I know that on Splitcoast Stampers it says only for a few minutes, but I found that it was not long enough to get any cracking. Then bend to get the cracking desired. You can then sponge ink into the cracks for more definition. Very cool technique. And hubby thought it was cool too ;0)

Well off to bed now...

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Great cards, Trace!