Friday, October 14, 2011

{ PPC #37 - One Layer Card }

Happy Friday to you all! It is time once again for another Playing In Paradise Challenge. This week our hostess is Nancy, with a one layer card challenge.












































































When I first saw this challenge, I thought...no problem. I had an idea or two floating around in my brain. I thought easy-peasy. But then I sat down to create and nothing worked out like I had hoped. This was a real struggle for me. I generally like to layer. A Lot! So this turned out to be a big challenge. When it was all said and done? I was not overly thrilled with my creations. They were okay. Not horrible. Just nothing to make me overly excited about. I asked Nancy which one she liked best and she told me to post both of them. So here they are!




























































This first one, I like the idea of. I have hardly picked up this stamp since buying it and thought this was the perfect opportunity. I colored the image using CHALK. It gives it a nice soft look. And of course I had to add some BLING.





























































This last one I made another cloud background using a scalloped punch and used an older sentiment I had purchased from a Breast Cancer set a few years ago. It is very simple, but I do like it. I think perhaps my issue is more with my photos. Gotta work harder next week to get some better pics for you all!!



I sure hope you can find sometime in your week to play along with us. Be sure to stop by the Scrapbooker's Paradise blog HERE for all the details about this weeks challenge, deadline and what's up for grabs for this weeks winner. And for some extra inspiration be sure to stop by the other design team members blogs!

Allison F

Angie

Kasia

Merlie

Nancy

2 comments:

Dixie said...

I think both your cards are beautiful! You did a great job with this challenge. It is a tough one if you are used to layering. I don't think I've ever made a one-layer card.

Merlie said...

I love the cloud card! I thought it was your paper....and I also love the sentiment. Tell me all about it!! It was hard for me too.