Friday, September 23, 2011

{ PPC #34 - Book Quote }

Happy Friday All! It is time for another Playing In Paradise Challenge. This weeks hostess is...Moi! For this challenge I decided to go with my other love. Reading. This week I am challenging everyone to use their favorite book quote as their main image or use your favorite book as your inspiration.

























Growing up I was one of those kids who only read when it was required. I never acquired a love of reading like some of my friends did. However, in my early 20's I finally found myself reading for pleasure. Then came work and then kids and reading took a back seat. A few years ago I was introduced to a little book series called Twilight, which helped to spark my love of reading once again. And it has pretty much been non-stop since. So needless to say I was a little behind on some great books. This is where I come to my favorite book quote and book series. Yes, I had heard about these books and seen a few of the movies, but I had never read the books. I finally decided to dive in and fell in love. Harry Potter has become one of my all-time favorite series and has become a daily reference in our household thanks to my 9yr olds new found love of all things Harry Potter! ;0) Throughout this series there were many great quotes that come to mind, but this one is one that has always stuck with me.




















This is a very simple card, but it screams Harry Potter to me and as soon as I showed it to my daughter she instantly knew it was a HP card! I love using this Nestie template and of course I had to add some bling!

I sure hope you can find sometime in your week to play along with us. Be sure to stop by the Scrapbooker's Paradise blog HERE for all the details about this weeks challenge, deadline and what's up for grabs for this weeks winner. And for some extra inspiration be sure to stop by the other design team members blogs!

Allison F

Angie

Merlie

Nancy

Thanks for stoppin' by.

1 comment:

Dixie said...

Wonderful challenge you spearheaded! How fun! I really love your Harry Potter card. Great quote and the papers, colours and design are so very true to the HP stories.