Monday, December 04, 2006

I am still here...really!!

I know, I know. It has been a very busy week. I have had 2 very sick girls over the past week. We have been busy Christmas shopping, working, putting up the tree, finishing Christmas Cards and I know there was something else! So I have nothing new to show you right now. However, I do have a couple things to share with you. This is something that I have been meaning to do for quite sometime now. Something to keep me busy at work when it is slow and to help out some people at the sametime. It is called 'Blankets for Canada' in Canada and ' Warm up America' in the US. It is run through all Michael's stores. They are squares that can be either crocheted or knitted. These squares are then joined and made into blankets to be handed out at local homeless shelters. Here are the patterns for the Canadian version and the US version. You can just make the squares and take them into any Michaels store and you can also attend the joining gathering to help finish the blankets. So everyone out there that crochet or knit get out all those scraps of worsted weight yarn and get busy!!

I was also checkin' out my daily blogs and came across some yummy recipes on Cindy's blog. So I thought I would share a yummy recipe with you all too. This one is one that my sister-in-law had made at Christmas a few years ago. Since then I make it for almost all gathers we have. There really isn't a 'recipe' just throw in what you like, but it goes something like this;

White Chocolate Mix
*Golden Grahams Cereal
*Cranraisins
*Any mixure of nuts - I like to use the no name trail mix(peanuts, pine nuts, cashews, raisins, ets) from Superstore as it does not have any salt in it, but you can use whatever mixture you like
*White Chocolate - again I like to use the bulk chunks from Superstore as it is pretty cheap

*mix the first three together...melt the chocolate in the microwave and pour it over the mixture...mix it all together until it is covered completely...place it onto a baking sheet and place it into the freezer to let it set...crumble and put into a serving dish or place it into a freezer safe container and save it for a later date(ya right!!)

***Warning: it is highly addictive***

Thanks for stoppin' by. If anyone wants to share any holiday recipes I would love to hear them!!

No comments: