Sunday, January 21, 2007

Yummy cookies and stampin' stuff too!

Last week Cindy had posted a recipe for some cookies she had made for a baby shower. I thought that they sounded awful yummy. So the girls and I made some the other night. Just have to say thank you to Cindy!! The girls had so much fun icing these and have now decided that they want to only make these cookies from now on ;0)

Something else that I have enjoyed lately is all these cute little stamps that everyone has been getting at Michaels. So when I was there the other day I thought I would take a look and see if by chance we had some yet. And they did. So I treated myself to some Valentine stamps!! Love these stamps and for $1.50 each for the large ones and $1.50 for two of the smaller ones... you can't go wrong! Here are my new stamps and a few cards I made with them...
You can not see it that well in the pic, but the black layer I ran through my Cuttlebug with the Swirls embossing folder, then wiped it with some white chalk . The red ribbon is from my new purchase of Costco ribbon and the black ones are from Michaels. Used my Silver Sakura Glitter Gel pen on the cupcake holder and the Clear Sakuar Gel Pen on the hearts. I really like the way this one turned out!

And since I had the chalks out I used them to color in the hearts on this one. Added some Clear Sakura Glitter Gel pen and a few gems for some added bling. The ribbon on the bottom was one of my Michaels bargain finds. I liked it but it is quite thick and I have never really found anything to use it on. It matched the Pixie Pink so I thought I would add it to this one. Not too sure if I like it or not. What do you think?

Okay now for the one creation I made this weekend that I absolutely love!! I have a 'Stamp-a-ma-jig' and don't use it a ton, but could not live without it. I wanted to create something that would enable me to use my 'Stamp-a-ma-jig' to its full potential. I have seen some cards in older Stampin' Up! catalogues that I have wanted to try...well I tried one of my own. Here it is...


This was done using some more Michaels $1.50 stamps. The background is a stamp with the 3 flowers. So off I went with my 'Stamp-a-ma-jig'. The colors used on this were Perfect Plum, Pretty in Pink and Barely Banana. The ribbon is another bargain bin ribbon from Michaels. It matches perfect to the Perfect Plum...although you can't really tell in the photo. I colored the flowers using a blender pen and ink, then colored the centers over with my Clear Sakura Glitter Gel pen. I added a clear gem on the flower of the tag and a purple gem on the dot of the 'i'. This one was fun.

Thanks for stoppin' by :0)

3 comments:

Cindy @ Creating at Home said...

Wow, you've been busy Tracy! Your cookies look so pretty and your girls are so cute! It sounds like they had lots of fun baking with you.

Your cards are so nice! I might have to go see if our Michael's has that cupcake stamp!

Nancy said...

Looks like you had a fun and busy weekend!

Allison Rankin said...

Looks great...but the stamps are 52 cents now! Ha!