Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Creative...Not!!

Okay, so had kinda crappy day yesterday. Just feeling down and the kids were extreemely emotional for some reason. So thought I would relax and do something creative last night...not. The first one I am okay with but the second one was a totally hidious. I took it apart and redid some of it. It is still hidious but not as bad as it was...


This was a layout from SCS(Split Coast Stampers) Sketch Challenge #12. It was done using Garden Green, Rose Red and Very Vanilla CS. I used Crosshatch on the Garden Green background piece. The Vanilla piece I used a baby wipe to sponge the two colors on. Then used 'A Is for Adorable' for the front layer. The ribbon is one of my new finds from Michaels and I added some green gems to the side. Not too bad I guess...

This is the crappy one ;0) It was done using Real Red, Night of Navy and Whisper White CS. The Night of Navy background was stamped in white. The Whisper White layering pieces were done using the baby wipes again. However, when I used the baby wipes the Red actually came out pink and then when mixed with the navy it came out purple! Looked aweful...as you can see from the piece behind Frosty. I took out the longer one and redid it with 'Itty Bitty Backgrounds'. Looks a bit better, but not great. Frosty was embossed with clear embossing powder and colored in with blender pens. I then used Crystal effects on his hat. Then added red gems to the side and another Michael's ribbon. Gress I should have just stuck with one creation lastnight ;0) Oh well...today is a new day. Hope you all have a good one!






2 comments:

Nancy said...

Hope today has been a better one!

Cindy @ Creating at Home said...

Hi Tracy,

In reply to your question about the misting technique... I edited my blog post to put a link to a misting tutorial. :-)

The way we did it was to spray the card stock, ink the stamp, stamp the stamp. But you could also ink the stamp and then spray the stamp and then stamp it.

I hope you're having a good day.

Cindy