Monday, October 09, 2006

Michael's Ribbons!!

Okay so I was given a Michaels gift certificate for my bday so I 'had' to go and spend it. I went a bought a bunch of new ribbons yesterday. After hubby left for Hockey, I went down to my room to 'play'. All the cards I did were first inspired by the new ribbons. Here are my newest creations...




This one was done using Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose and Very Vanilla. I have seen a lot of Christmas Cards done recently using non-traditional colors. I decided to try one for Thanksgiving. I did this one for my inlaws for Thanksgiving. Nancy inspired me to add some 'bling' to it too ;0)




This one was inspired by a card I saw recently, but I can't remember where I saw it. But I loved the color combo, so I had to do one. This one is done using Chocolate Chip, Cool Caribbean and Shimmery White. Again had to use some 'bling' ;0)

This last one was inspired by the vibrant colors of this ribbon. It was done using Yoyo Yellow, Only Orange and Green Galore. Had to add some googlie eyes(thanks for the inspiration Nancy!). Hubby even likes this one, which surprises me since it is such a bright creation! He is always bugging me since the majority of my cards are blank inside. So with all three I surprised him with some added bonus inside. Here is the inside of the Froggie card...

Colored this one with my pastels and put some Crystal Effects of the dots of the mushroom.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and thanks for lookin' :0)







1 comment:

Nancy said...

Great cards, Trace! I have been to Michael's THREE TIMES in the last week, gathered ribbons and by the time I hit the front of the store I've put it all down and left empty handed! Sad, eh??!! I didn't want to get ribbons that dont' go with all my SU papers. I guess I should take my sample ring with me....