Sunday, March 04, 2007

Big Pieces

I had been debating for sometime about whether I 'needed' the new 'Big Pieces' SU set from the Winter Mini. I think I had talked myself out of it, even though I had seen some beautiful creations on SCS. And then my friend Nancy had to go and do this card! So this last order I decided that I did need to have it ;0) I thought for my first creation that I would most likely case Nancy's card, but when I went down to my stamp room, something entirely different emerged. I am a 'build it as you go' kinda girl. So most often I don't really have a plan in mind and this is so true with this one...

For this I use Chocolate Chip, Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie. I used Big Pieces, Sincere Salutations and also my new Linen background stamp. I used my markers on the Big Pieces and put them on with dimensionals. The Old Olive layer I stamped Linen in Chocolate Chip and then ran it through my Cuttlebug. Finally I added some ribbon and a few dots of Sakura Clear Gitter pen for a touch of sparkle. I am happy with the way this one turned out.
Thanks for stoppin' by :0)

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Very pretty - I love the colors you chose!

Allison Rankin said...

I love what you did here...of course, I love those Earth Element colors!

Nancy said...

One of those colour combinations I wouldn't have thought of... but it looks great!